The archive has been preserved to prevent further deterioration of the
records and enable suitable access for visitors to find and view
- Storage boxes and folders were damaged and overfull with papers.
- The use of metal fastenings has caused severe rust marks on the papers.
- The papers were stored loosely with no proective covering.
- Photographs were stored loosely in box files that were deteriorating.
- Replacement of boxes and files with archive storage cartons and
reinforced document cases.
- Removal of all metal fastenings. Brass paperclips are used to prevent
further rusting and subsequent marking of the papers.
- Records are stored in resealable zipper bags that are transparent
and water resistant.
- Photographs are stored in transparent pocket pages in archive box binders.